Tuesday 7 February 2017

The Social Hypocrites

hypocrites_600
Sitting back at my study table in the dorm room and watching the scenic beauty of the Aravali’s, a sudden thought flashed through my mind ” What could be the easiest thing to do being a so called social animal ?”
“Judging people”, A voice answered from within.
But judging and forming opinion are the same things. Right ?
Pondering upon the situation I realized, “No, they are not”.
We often form an opinion of someone or somebody after having a personal interaction or a personal encounter, but we judge a person by what we hear about them without even trying to know how much of that is even true.
We often judge people with the way they dress up, their sexuality, their boldness, their smoking and drinking habits, never ever trying to know, what kind of person at heart he really is.
I’ve been judged over a hundred of times from being called “NOT A GOOD GIRL” to “DESPERATE”.
And the worst part of all is that they never ever had a one on one conversation with me and still they know me much much better than I know myself or for the sake my friends and family know me.
I can’t say it does not bother me at all because at times it does as at the end of the day even I have feelings but after a period of time I really don’t care.
But the best part of all, as one of my friends always tells me is that, these social hypocrites are giving ten precious minutes of their lives to us which they would have easily used for their own good.
They listen something else, they understand something else and then they vomit completely something else. And certain things they say doesn’t even make sense at all. Breakup over a paneer. Really ?
I remember an instance when one of my friends came up to me commenting about someone else’s short skirt completely forgetting what she herself was wearing at that point of time. Sometimes these double standards really gets on my nerves.
We never know what a person has actually gone through, what has made them the way they are today and they certainly don’t need your sympathy but the best one can do is stop judging. It’s not that hard.
Our own lives are not perfectly smooth and still we have the audacity to poke our nose in someone else’s life and judging them giving them one more reason to overthink. Don’t lower down your level to a point from where it becomes really difficult for you to make a comeback.

No comments:

Post a Comment